WIP: Reaver Titan (A crazy morning!)

This morning was a crazy emotional roller coaster ride…

Had covered up all the magnets up nicely yesterday, and time to check the magnets pull.
Not nearly good enough, and I thought it might be the layer of sculpting putty in between the magnets.
So I removed all the sculpting putty on top of the magnets, to give them better pull.
This was still not enough grip, even on the lighter gun (above). So I spent nearly two hours trying to come up with solutions.
The most obvious was getting much stronger magnets, but that would take more time and slow everything further.This was still not enough, even on the lighter gun (above). So I spent nearly two hours trying to come up with solutions.
The most obvious was getting much stronger magnets, but that would take more time and slow everything further.
I could also make a fancy locking mechanism. Or hollow out the guns, making them lighter. etc etc. -_-

But then a simple solution came to me…
TAPE FOR THE TAPE GOD!!!
FRICTION FOR THE FRICTION THRONE!!!
Carefully rolling the tape around the arm joint, sealing it with glue, until it could fit into the gun nicely.
And BLAM!
The joint fit perfectly together, and I can even shake the about with them separating! πŸ˜€

Only downside is that the guns are slightly different, so can’t change sides.

So now I’m finally ready to do last assembly, and base coat this big ass model! πŸ™‚

Blog at WordPress.com.

Up ↑

%d bloggers like this: